I'd much rather read than write so it's not much of a blog...

Saturday, April 20, 2013

Guessing



I'm having a terrible time coming up with even a modicum of enthusiasm for this year's garden but I do take some measure of comfort in the fact that NOAA is not forecasting drought for the Eastern U.S. thru July.

I have about half the number of seedlings that I've started in the past and I'm planning to grow primarily those things I can't find locally, like several varieties of cime di rapa and cardoon.

At the moment though, while most of my effort in the garden is spent dealing with an explosion of lesser bittercress we have again this spring, the rhubarb is coming on strong and the lovage that I thought a chipmunk had destroyed last summer looks promising.

As with so many other things, the key to serenity in my gardening seems to be in adjusting my expectations.