I'd much rather read than write so it's not much of a blog...

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Garden Enemy #1



I couldn't find a photo of a munk eating an immature, green tomato, probably because no one would expect to see it. I couldn't believe it myself yesterday when I found a half-eaten tomato in the garden. I noticed two missing on the plants, one Stupice and one Rutgers, and I found the second under the lovage.

At least I think I trapped the culprit late yesterday and took it over to the owls at Green Lakes. There's no sign of predation this morning and the eggplant I set out yesterday look lovely.

The usual #1 garden enemy, the deer, have been oddly absent in recent weeks and the one groundhog we saw briefly seems to have moved on.

Still I'm keeping the possibility of a screened garden in mind.